Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hola!! Como estas? Nosotros estamos muy bueno!! That means we are doing very well for all you non-spanish scholors. This is Keaton and Weston writing today, and it is currently pouring outside. Today was a very successful day. Four groups split off; four people painted and cleaned one of the English room. Ten people picked and washed carrots in the farm. Four people went the the baby house, and another group worked with special needs kids. It was extremely warm today and many people got sunburned. (This is Keaton writing) Today me Steven, Alex, and Tyler cleaned one of the English rooms and begun an intense painting project. However, the paint did not arrive till noon so we had to play futbol with the kids for about two hours. Lets just say we got destroyed. The students here are unreal at soccer and don't hesitate to tackle us to the ground. For lunch we ate beans, rice, and tortillas with fresh squezzed juice, and for dinner we ate chicken noodle soup. In the afternoon, the whole group went down to the baby house and we played with the babies for a couple hours. Before dinner, we set up an intense World Cup style futbol match between the "Americans" and "Guatemalans". However, the match was rained out so we will keep you updated if in fact we do beat the students here. Now I have a few hello's... Kaidee says hello to her parents, Olivia tole me to tell her parents to stop worrying haha... Kristia says hello to her family.. and Nathan Kennedy told me to say that we are all doing well and we are very happy. And trust me, we are very happy and we are enjoying our time here immensely. The kids, the facility, and the surroundings are fantastic and we could not be any happier. I would like to say a quick hola to mi padre y mi madre and to tell them I am doing great and that the water here is not making me sick. So I will now hand the torch off to my esteemed college and dear amigo- Weston.

My day consisted of the same outline i worked in the Casa Magico, which is where all the handicapped children live. I worked with Collin, Olivia, and Maria. We worked there untill lunch, we played with all the children and helped the adults out with anything. Since Keaton decieded to write a novel, I will give a quick hello to mi familia. I am doing well and my poop is solid MOM. Buenos Noches!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone will write to you tomorrow.... Hasta Manana!!!!

2 comments:

  1. C'mon Steven! I think you'd better up your game on the soccer field. Those kids are schooling you! :) Sounds like you're having a blast and helping out too. Awesome. Looking forward to hearing more!

    Love, Aunt Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soccer? no contest, not even remotely fair. Even with Nathan, you're all toast. Sounds Like you are having a great time. joe

    ReplyDelete